The Common Home Findings that May Turn Away the Buyers.
Various homebuyers will be frightened off from buying a house due to small common things within the home. Depending on the size of the home, one is charged an average cost between $200 and $480 for the home inspection. It is very important to know that every penny counts whenever the home is on the market. This makes it important to pass your home inspection on the first or second attempt. This website will briefly discuss the most common home inspection findings that will make a buyer walk away.
To begin with is the mold. It is evident that even the most cleanest, most well-maintained houses has traces amounts of mold in the vents. These types of molds are known as surface mold, and they are not harmful or difficult to remove such as other forms of mold like black mold. For the reason of being certainly unsightly, the surface mold should be cleaned on the regular base. The black mold is associated with illnesses such as respiratory illnesses, rashes, and constant headaches, and this will make a buyer to immediately back out. One can buy the home testing kit for few dollars if soo much concerned about the mold.
Secondly, we look at polybutylene plumbing which is known for constant leaks, warping, and frequent rapturing. This is a poorly thought out form of plumbing that results to numerous class-action lawsuits. The general concept was innocent and the contractors needed a more affordable type of plumbing to put in homes and turned to polybutylene, which is more or less plastic.
Even though we see the pest as just insects or vermin, they also contribute to home inspection problems. The home buyer can be scared with the imagination of hearing skittering claws above them in the middle of the night. Pests can cause thousands of dollars’ worth of damage so make no mistake to ignore them for this can create huge issues when selling a home.
It is crucial to check extensive water damage. There is a very big difference between a small bit of water damage in the corner of a room and a massive stain covering an entire ceiling. This difference will result into manageable and lesser cost of repair of some water damage compared to larger, and more extensive damage which can be a sign that the home needs replacement of the whole home’s plumbing system.
To conclude is the radon. The research from dragonfly home inspections suggest that radon is the second-largest cause of lung cancer, second only to smoking. This is frightening enough and also it is colorless and odorless. A homeowner may not be aware of the elevated levels of radon, hence it is a must to sign up for a radon test before putting the home on the market.